This post is a continuation of yesterday's post regarding Proverbs 21:21. Basically I'm just studying the following scriptures. :) I wanted to share what I've learned. This is just my own personal interpretation and I don't consider it to be officially accurate. I just enjoy studying the word of God and these are the thoughts that I had as I studied:
Scripture:
"The Lord detests the way of the wicked, but he loves those who pursue righteousness." (Proverbs 15:9 NIV)
My Thoughts:
From this scripture I read that The Lord does not like the ways of the wicked but He loves those who want to walk in His ways and He loves those who want to do what is right. Notice that it doesn't say He doesn't like the people that do wicked things, but rather it's their sin He doesn't like. God loves His children unconditionally but He doesn't like their wicked ways.
Scripture:
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." (Matthew 5:6 NIV)
My Thoughts:
From this scripture in Matthew, Jesus Himself is teaching. He says that those desiring righteousness will be blessed. Not only will they be blessed but they will receive the righteousness they are seeking. (The Bible says if we seek Him we will find Him.)
Think about the ways we hunger for food and thirst for something to drink. The Lord is saying that when we hunger and thirst for righteousness we will not only find righteousness but we will be filled. Filled doesn't mean we receive just a little, filled means to be full. The Lord will fill us with righteousness if that's what we want to be filled with. Amen!
This next scripture was my favorite one out of the three:
"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV)
My Thoughts:
Paul, the apostle, is said to be the author of 1 Corinthians. He starts off this scripture telling his brothers and sisters in Christ to "stand firm".
Paul is also the author of the book of Ephesians. The reason I bring this up is because Paul also mentions the words "stand firm" when he tells us to put on the full armor of God in Ephesians 6.
Paul also writes, "Let nothing move you." I think what he was saying is to be confident in our faith in God and not to get off track. To continue on and persevere with focus.
He encourages his readers to continue to go all in and give it their all as they work for The Lord because it will produce fruit and it does make a difference. There is a purpose to their labor for The Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment