Sunday, June 15, 2014

I visited Lakewood church last night and I heard Victoria Osteen say something that really spoke to my spirit. She said, "God does not judge your worth based on your performance." That helped me so much and instantly made me feel better inside. 
I can be so hard on myself sometimes and it was like a heavy burden was lifted. There was so much hope in the atmosphere. The Lord was surely there. 

"'For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'." (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)

As a human, I base my self worth on what I've accomplished. I'm naturally task oriented. Many times I feel good about myself based on how much I get done at work each day. If I don't feel like I was very productive I can start feeling a little down. 
I'm so glad that God's unconditional love sees past my failures, mistakes, and shortcomings. I mean more to Him than the completed tasks on my to-do list. It's Him that gives me my worth. It's Him that defines me and fills me with purpose. My heart is truly full when I follow Him and walk out the plans that He has for me. 

No comments: