Monday, June 16, 2014

Do you want to know a quick way to happiness that I discovered this morning? ...Don't complain. Especially at the beginning of the day. How I start my day has a great influence on how I go about the rest of my day. The sooner I catch myself complaining the sooner I can correct it. I realized I started complaining about traffic on the way to work and then that turned into me being critical about how other people drive and then that turned into other things. Who am I to criticize? I have no right because I make those same mistakes that I'm calling other people out for. 
How awful it felt when that negativity started sinking in. I didn't like feeling icky like that. I realized that I had a choice. I could decide to change my attitude and therefore change my day (my immediate future). I want my heart to be kind and loving not critical and judgemental. I asked for forgiveness for being a sourpuss and made an intentional change. It really helped my heart feel happier in seconds. I know The Lord can hear our hearts and I am sure He is pleased to hear gratitude instead of complaining. 
This is what I ask myself for a good perspective: if I could record the things I complain about throughout the day, would I be embarrassed if I heard it played back to me?

No comments: