Saturday, June 14, 2014

I love how The Lord grows us and teaches us. 
When I was elementary age and going to church I used to find myself just going through the motions during worship and waiting for the sermon. I used to wonder when the singing would be over so I could hear the message. I know this sounds awful but I really didn't understand the significance of worship. (I should have gone to children's church but I was always in the main sanctuary with the adults.) 
As I got older I started understanding what worship was for. To usher in the Lord's presence. To worship and glorify God. To give Him the first part of the service. To give Him the praises He is so worthy of and more. 
I look back at those times and am thankful that I am not the same. I love and very much appreciate worship. I am grateful to be in His presence and sometimes I pray that worship would run longer than expected and that The Lord would have His way in the service. 

No comments: