Thursday, June 26, 2014

2 Timothy 1:7

Sometimes when a scripture really speaks to me and I want to get it down deep in my Spirit, I keep reading it so that I can memorize it, confess it, meditate on it, keep learning from it, and understand what God is speaking to me through it. What I also like to do is to look up the same scripture in different versions of the Bible. I have done this before in regards to 2 Timothy 1:7. 

For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7 NASB)

For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7 NIV)

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. (II Timothy 1:7 NKJV)

No comments: