Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Hello :) 
This entry is a continuation of the two previous entries. I have recently accepted an invitation for 7 Days of Worship. What this means is that I went about my daily life as usual but for 7 days I intentionally offered worship to God in my thoughts and in my heart especially in those quiet moments. 
The more I worshipped the more it pushed aside worry and my mental "to-do" list. I felt more focused on who He truly is and in turn it made me more confident in who I am in Him. 
This intentional daily worship also helped my faith. His Holy Spirit showed up every time I started praising Him. My worship turned into prayer and I knew that if He was there with me in worship, then He would be with me in prayer. It helped me to believe that I would see the answers to my prayers. 
God kept confirming how omnipotent He is and that He can handle it all. I was shown the truth that there was a way that I could live life differently and more joyfully. I could trade in fear and anxiety for faith and peace. I took every thought and insecurity captive and made it obedient to Christ. In relinquishing all control to God, I found His freedom. 

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV)

"Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it." (Matthew 10:39 NIV)

No comments: