There are times in life that we may not receive an apology even when the situation calls for one.
It can be tough to walk towards forgiveness depending on how bad someone has hurt us. The flesh wants us to hold a grudge but The Lord calls us to be set free from resentment and all other things that we harbor due to unforgiveness. Forgiving others is a gift to ourselves.
We know what true forgiveness is because of our Heavenly Father.
Whenever I am slow at forgiving others I remember that I make the same mistakes that others do and sometimes even worse. That gives me a great perspective and then I am so grateful that The Lord forgives me and then I follow His example to forgive others.
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8 NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment