There are times when a scripture really gets my attention and makes me want to study it and dig a little deeper.
Yesterday Proverbs 21:21 was so refreshing to me as I read it and it captured my attention. "Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor." (Proverbs 21:21 NIV)
I felt like there was more for me to learn from this scripture so I looked up the scripture references for it in my Bible. These are the scripture references that it listed: Proverbs 15:9, Matthew 5:6, and 1Corinthians 15:58.
Each of these scripture references helped me to understand Proverbs 21:21 a little better.
"The Lord detests the way of the wicked, but he loves those who pursue righteousness." (Proverbs 15:9 NIV)
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." (Matthew 5:6 NIV)
This next scripture was my favorite one out of the three:
"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV)
There were several things that I learned during this mini study. I am still trying to organize my thoughts and pray about the scripture meanings, so I will be posting more about them tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment