Yesterday I posted about the armor of God and I wanted to study it a little more and post what I learn.
Today I looked a little further into the "sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" Ephesians 6:17.
There's a scripture reference in my Bible that led me to Isaiah 49:2, "He has made My mouth like a sharp sword,..."
There is also a scripture reference for Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
These two scripture references reminded me of something that I've heard someone preach before. They said that when we speak the word of God out loud, it's like a sword coming out of our mouths in the spiritual world. That's why the word of God is part of our armor. We can speak it in prayer and fight the good fight of faith.
The sword of the Spirit is the word of God and we speak the word of God out loud through our mouths so it makes sense that the sword comes out of our mouth in the spiritual. In the natural, we hold swords in our hand but remember what it says in 2 Corinthians 10:3-5,
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ."
No comments:
Post a Comment