Monday, June 30, 2014

Last day of June

Today is the last day of June 2014. At the beginning of June I committed to writing in my blog every day this month. One of the reasons I wanted to write on a daily basis was so that I could grow as a writer. I didn't share this reason with anybody but was just holding myself accountable for it. 
I figured that if I want to grow as a writer (or in any area) then I need to practice the skill and spend time doing what I want to get better at. 
So, sometime in the middle of June my friend told me that she noticed that my writing was getting better. I was so glad to hear that because that was my prayer! It meant even more to me because she didn't know that was one of my goals. She saw progress and cared enough to let me know. 
I'm reminded that our words have the power to really encourage people, propel them forward, and make a difference. Sometimes we just need a little confirmation along the way. 

No comments: