Tuesday, July 30, 2013

The unknown can be scary to think about. It leaves us with questions that we don't always know the answers to. Sometimes our minds start thinking about worse case scenarios but this isn't the best or healthiest approach. It can get us worked up over nothing. (Speaking from experience.) 
A few months ago I was talking to a friend about a situation I was facing. I was going to have to talk to someone about something that I thought was already resolved. I knew that I needed to approach this with prayer, love, and let God lead me.
My friend saw that I was uncomfortable and a little bothered. She asked me a question that really helped me. She asked, "How are you going to spend your time from now until you approach this situation in a few hours?" I knew what the answer was. I replied, "I'm going to spend it talking to God and keeping my mind on truth (scripture)."
I really desired for things to go well so I made a great effort to keep the right attitude and a genuine caring concern for this person. It challenged me to push away the worry with faith.
In the end things turned out better than I thought and I was thankful that God had used my friend to show me how to approach that situation. Turns out I had worried for nothing.
I saw how important it is to choose wisely on how to spend my time in the hours, days, or even weeks before a meeting, appointment, conflict, situation, etc. 
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."(Romans 12:2 NIV)
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:13 NIV)
"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline." (2 Timothy 1:7 NASB)

No comments: