Saturday, July 20, 2013

In a previous post I listed some of the scriptures that talk about love. 
1 Corinthians 4-8. 
I was reading these scriptures again today and I read it differently. I looked up each word that talked about love - even though I already knew what it meant. I just wanted to take it a little deeper. I like looking up words to get an even better understanding of what they mean. 
For example, verse 7 of the scripture says, "It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
I looked up the word persevere on Dictionary. Com and part of the first definition said that persevere meant, " to maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement." 
So if love perseveres then I took that to mean that love "maintains a purpose in spite of difficulty, love maintains a purpose in spite of obstacles, and love maintains a purpose in spite of discouragement."
Just a thought as I study and try to learn from God's definition of love. 

No comments: