Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rest in Him

Sometimes it feels like there is so much noise. So many things ask for my attention. The radio, the tv, people, the internet, and more. I get to a place where I find myself needing peace and quiet. I need time to get away from the loudness and come in to the peaceful quietness of God. To the secret place with God where I find true rest. I can come to the feet of Jesus and pour out my love for Him. I choose to unplug from the noise for a while and connect my heart to His. 
Even Jesus took time to get away from the crowds and the noise to be alone and to pray to the Father. I want to follow His example. 
Mark 6:45-46, "Immediately Jesus made his disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. After leaving them, he went up on a mountainside to pray." 

Every so often we should also learn how to "dismiss the crowd" and go pray. 

No comments: