I had a thought recently that I have just started seeing. God is so big and His ways are so grand that sometimes I can't see the big picture because my human mind thinks so narrow. Sometimes I just assume that I know how my prayers are going to be answered but I don't. His ways are so much bigger. His plan includes avenues that I couldn't have planned myself. He leads me so strategically, knowing what would be the best thing for my heart. He puts things together so beautifully and knows every intricate and precious detail to bring answers to prayers. And I have to remember that even if the answer to my prayer is no, it doesn't mean that God didn't answer the prayer, it means that the answer is no.
If my narrow mind misses the possibility of a bigger picture then I could miss out on the grand scheme of things. I could accidentally settle for something smaller when I was meant to receive something that I couldn't have even imagined.
I want to pray that God would open my eyes to those things that I can't see but that He would allow me to see.
2 Kings 6:16-17 says,
“Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.” And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."
No comments:
Post a Comment