Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cheerful giving

A while back I posted about giving opportunities in addition to my tithe (Malachi 3:10).  There are a few more things I've learned along the way. 
For example, it's important to be an informed giver. It's wise to understand what you are giving towards. 
It's also a good idea to pray about an amount. Sometimes God tells me what to give right away but sometimes it doesn't always happen that way. 
When God tugs on my heart to give, I pray for a specific amount and ask Him how much He wants me to give.
Lastly, I make sure that I'm being a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7) 
It's important to me to keep a grateful attitude and keep checking my heart. Even if I don't always have a lot, I don't want that to stop me from giving. I believe that if I have a giving heart then God will provide opportunities to give. 
Giving doesn't always have to be monetary but it should be meaningful and cheerful and giving glory to God. 
"This service that you perform is not only supplying the needs of God's people but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God." 2 Corinthians 9:12

No comments: