Thursday, July 4, 2013

Protecting the mind, keeping the peace

The following passage of the Bible is one that I keep referring back to and I try to keep it present in my heart and remember it often:

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.” - 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8.

Jesus is our greatest example of love that walked this earth. Focusing on this scripture (or any scripture really) keeps my mind focused on the truth when the enemy tries to come in and start trouble. For example, Jesus said, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10-10.  The devil is a thief and wants to rob us of our God given peace and joy. So if something comes up from the past and starts to get me upset, I can stop myself and think, “Wait a second. I choose not to dwell on this. God has already brought this issue to resolve and I have already forgiven this person. So I won’t think about this anymore because love does not keep a record of wrongs.”

No comments: