Friday, July 5, 2013

Created for a purpose

I have always wanted to be able to sing. To have a beautiful voice to sing out to God. I’d even settle to just sound decent singing with the radio in my car. Lol. There is a song by Colton Dixon which includes the lyrics, “If I had no voice, if I had no tongue, I would dance for you like the rising sun.” This paints a beautiful picture to me because this is a professional singer saying that if he didn’t have his talent anymore, he would find some other way to worship and honor God.

I have wasted so much time looking at what I don’t have that I haven’t been faithful with what I was given. I now know and see differently. I might not be able to sing well but God gave me the ability to express myself through writing. I can write the best I can to honor God. I can use the talent that I do have and use it to worship God.

What have you been gifted with? We all have gifts that are significant. We have each been wired with a talent and we can each do something in a way that nobody else can.

Psalm 139:13-14, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”

No comments: