Have you ever hugged someone and as soon as you leave them you realize that you smell like their perfume/cologne? This happened to me today, again. I hugged my friend and I might as well have sprayed her perfume on me. Lol. I smelled like her for a long time after I left her. I spent time with her and it "showed".
I wondered, "I should have a similar experience with God. To get so close to Him that it shows. To spend so much time with Him that I'd carry His peace and light around with me."
I was reminded of the following passage in the Old Testament.
Exodus 34:28-30, "So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; ... It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him. So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone..."
As a believer in Christ, we are also given the opportunity to let His light shine in us. Others will be able to recognize when we've been spending time with God. Galatians 5:22-23, Matthew 5:16.
No comments:
Post a Comment