Sunday, February 10, 2013
Today and in the last few days I have received some compliments and it really made me think: I am thankful for people who are brave enough to speak kind words to others. There are times when I think about how kind someone is, or how nice they look that day, or what a great job I think they do. As nice as that is, if it never goes beyond a thought, it does them absolutely no good. There are specific times that I feel led to speak sincere, encouraging words to others. Sometimes it is out of my comfort zone but I push myself to walk up to someone and tell them what I feel that God has placed on my heart. Sometimes I may not be able to tell someone in person so I send them a text or mail them a note or call them. Giving a genuine compliment is investing in the lives of others. It goes beyond words and can be really uplifting to someone's spirit. In some cases it can be a timely word: something that someone needed to hear at the time they needed to hear it. Bringing glory to God.