Sunday, February 24, 2013

This past week I finished my first 40 day fast! Thank you God for being with me the whole way. (I gave up my favorite foods and drank mostly water and some natural fruit juices.) I am so happy and it was a great experience. I know that might sound strange but I’m being sincere. It was so enlightening and encouraging. I saw God move and felt God move.  

There is a song by Britt Nicole and one of the lines in the song is, “People ask me, how do I know what I believe? Well I’m not the same me and that’s all the proof I need.”

That’s exactly how I feel. I know God gave me clarity of mind and really answered my prayers. There were even things that I forgot I was believing for that God answered. What a great God I have that answers the prayers that I forgot I prayed. Lol. That made me laugh at myself. I believed for many things and made a long list and my God did not disappoint!

Before I go on a fast I make a plan and write down how many days I am fasting, what the purpose of the fast is, what I’m fasting from, and what I am believing God for during the fast. I made a big list this time and when I looked back at my journal I realized that I had listed some things that God brought an answer to before my fast was over. I boldly believe that He is bringing an answer to other things that are on their way as the fast has come to completion. Some things are only a step of faith away from being answered. I love you God! <3

No comments: