Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I just wanted to add something to my previous post…The thing that I find myself praying for the most is wisdom. God’s wisdom and Heavenly insight. It’s something that I greatly value. Just to sit at the feet of Jesus and hug His ankles and love Him and adore Him and listen to His teaching.

“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” – James 1:5

I used to get offended when people would suggest things to me after I worked really hard on something. It was insulting especially if someone didn’t approach me in love. But I see now that I have had the privilege of knowing others with good hearts and creative ideas. So no matter how much of an expert I think I am in certain areas, I choose to continue to practice being a good listener. I have seen how I have cheated myself of growth and kept myself from learning something new. Not only have I opened my ears but I have started to ask people for suggestions and invite them to share their perspective. I genuinely want to hear what they have to say. God has used other people to answer my prayers and help me. How can I be cold towards them? I know the Holy Spirit will guide me and direct me on if and how I can apply advice.

No comments: