Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hello everyone :) this is the first post that I'm writing from my phone and everything looks so tiny! Lol. But it's good practice. I wanted to share a passage from a book I just finished reading called, "Fasting", by Jentezen Franklin.
"A friend called me just as we were about to begin the corporate fast. To my surprise he said, 'I feel so sorry for you.' I replied, 'Dont feel sorry for me. Go ahead and eat your food for the next twenty one days. We will compare notes at the end of the year to see if the food you ate accomplished for you what fasting for the next twenty-one days accomplished for me.'" Page 139-140.

I realized how much I think about food. I love food, I'm food motivated, and get excited about my favorite foods! But during this fast I know that God is directing me towards seeking Him instead of a temporary fulfillment of a delicious treat.
For the first time, I'm actually excited and living in expectancy of all that God will do during my fast. Of course there are challenging times but the end result is worth so much more than my favorite foods and that's what keeps me going. Knowing that my God will show up. He has done so much already that I know wouldn't have been possible without Him. I know I can trust Him to do even greater things.
I definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about fasting.