From the book Fasting:
“…in order to exterminate an infestation of flies from a crop, for example, you have to spray pesticides for forty consecutive days in order to utterly destroy them. If you stop short of the full forty days, you will destroy only the existing generation, but the next generation will live on. Just as spraying pesticides for a full forty days wipes out an infestation of flies, when we enter into a season of forty days of fasting and prayer, we can break free of the bondages in our own lives and in the lives of the next generation.
“Some of you may have been battling with the same pesky sins, or worse, you may be trapped in bondages that you have tried to eradicate, only to have them come back time after time…It is going to take more than a fly swatter to wipe out an infestation of Beelzebub’s minions.” Fasting by Jentezen Franklin, pages 58 – 59.
Thank you God, for leading me to this book! It seems that in recent days since the fast I wake up experiencing more freedom and more joy inside. I believe I will receive the rest of the answers to my prayers by faith and expectancy. I give you the glory God!
*Just as an extra note, in a previous February post I explained a little more about my fast and how I planned for it. I did not fast from food completely but only certain foods as that was the best option for my health.
No comments:
Post a Comment