Wednesday, March 13, 2013

God is teaching me to take my eyes off of disappointment and actively appreciate all that is around me that He gave me to enjoy. Although circumstances can be disappointing God has used disappointment to show me the right direction.
Focusing on hurt and disappointment too long is a trick of the enemy. It’s unhealthy. Choosing to continue to dwell on the hurt can take me off course and attempt to rob me of joy and attempt to rob God of the glory He deserves. If my mind keeps rewinding the disappointments of the past it blinds me and I can't see as clear as I used to. With my mind distracted and discouraged, it stops me from thinking about the goodness that God gave me. This leads to a hindrance in the flow of my praises to my King.
I’ve got to stay close to the Lord who loves me and keep moving forward. There is so much to be thankful for, so many people to love, so many ways to enjoy life, and so many opportunities to take advantage of. When I start to remember the disappointment, I choose to encourage myself in the Lord like David did (book of Psalms). It is then that I feel freedom, joy, and peace. I am holding on to God's word and letting it come to life by faith. Thank you for taking care of me Lord.  

No comments: