Genesis 2:2-3 says, "By the seventh day God completed His work which he had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."
This scripture made me pause and think about a few things: God and His word is a great example to us. In both of these scriptures it notes that God rested and I believe that there is significance in repetition in the Bible. I believe that God also wants us to know when to rest. There are times in life, in our busy schedules, that our work never feels completed or if we do complete it then we are too quick to go to the next task on the list instead of pausing like God did. He rested when His work was complete.
Matthew 11:28 says, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."
I think that we can learn from God's example of rest and His invitation to rest.
We were not meant to live stressed out, anxious, worried lives. There are times that we will be stressed and anxious yes, but we don't have to live like that all the time. It makes sense that God tells us time and time again in the Bible, not to worry, fear not, etc. Worry brings us away from faith but rest gives us time with Him. Rest helps us to pause from the busy day and enter in to His presence, give Him our concerns, and rest.
Matthew 11:29, "...YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS." (These words are also found in Jeremiah 6:16).
God has never let me down and He always proves Himself faithful. Over the past few years I have learned to worry less and trust Him much more. I'm done doing things my own way and I choose for Him to have the lead in my life. His will be done in my life because that's the best way, most exciting way, most fruitful way, most meaningful way, most joyful way for me to live my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment