Sometimes I have so much going on that I need to remember or sometimes I have been so worried about something that it keeps coming to mind and I have to really fight to keep my mind focused on God. I'm just being completely honest and real.
This used to happen to me so much. I couldn't stop thinking about something that upset me or I couldn't stop worrying about something that I thought that might happen. Therefore I couldn't fully press in to Him. I was consumed by several concerns and worries.
This is not the freedom that Christ died to give us. We don't have to be slaves to anything because we are free! We don't have to be slaves to worry because God asks us to give all our concerns to Him. We don't have to be a slave to people pleasing because we are not a slave of man, we are a servant of Christ. We don't have to be a slave to the fear of man because we have the fear of God.
I realized all these distractions are keeping me from fully experiencing Him and the more I hold onto them the less I focus on God. But the more I freely release them to Him, the more free I am. When I let go of distractions I can hear Him clearer and really connect during worship for a moving and miraculous experience.
I know now that nobody else deserves more of my attention than My Creator. Nobody and nothing else is worthy of all of my attention and concentration than The King of Kings!
"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." (Galatians 5:1 NIV)
"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:3-5 NIV)
"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Galatians 1:10 NIV)
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7 NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment