Monday, October 21, 2013

When I was younger my family and I took a vacation and passed through Arkansas. We visited a beautiful rock farm and I'll never forget it. My dad said my siblings and I could choose one rock but there were so many to choose from! My siblings and I looked all around for the one we wanted. I made up my mind that I was going to pick one that was so unique that I would not be able to find it anywhere else. While I was looking for a rock I noticed that many of them were beautiful on the inside but were not so nice on the outside. I wondered how somebody knew to open the rock up and find something so beautiful? 
I kept looking in amazement of how beautiful, colorful, and special each one was. 
I believe this is how God sees us. Sometimes we can look at ourselves in a negative way and see our faults, mistakes, or things we don't like about ourselves but God sees a treasure shining through on the inside. He sees something beautiful on the inside and doesn't give up on us. 

Jeremiah 18:1-6 says,
This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord : “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. Then the word of the Lord came to me. He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel. 


No comments: