Wednesday, October 16, 2013

More and more I have noticed the unexpected and powerful ways that God works. In the hardest and most challenging times I ask God to show Himself, and He does. I ask this because I want to know that He is there and that His will is being done in my life. I want to know what He would want me to do, even though I hesitate at times, I want to do what is right in His eyes. My heart is most at peace and I am happiest when I know I've done the best at what God has asked me to do. 
He helps me to know He is there in those challenging times because His spirit guides me and tells me what the right thing to do is. When I follow His way, hard times become less challenging and joy finds its way in because my heart delights in obeying Him. I know that at that moment He has helped my character to grow and has answered my prayers. 
I do hesitate at times and make mistakes but I get right back up and try again because God is a God of second chances and He is faithful and just to forgive. 

Romans 7:19-25 
"For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" 

No comments: