These are some notes I wanted to share on loving others. I heard these words of wisdom when I visited my friends church. Her Pastor was doing a series on relationships.
Grace and love says, "I give you the permission to be different. I accept you as you are."
Love others for who they are and don't try to change them. We weren't meant to change people or expect them to be like us. Don't judge people but give them room to mature. If I am to love someone I am to give them space to grow up.
Don't go into a relationship (or marriage) with an agenda to change that person.
See the good in others and don't think it's my assignment to tell other people their mistakes.
There is a difference between a person and the image we have of them. We get disappointed when people aren't who we made them to be in our minds.
Genuine love has focus on others and not ourselves.
True love is not coerced and has healthy boundaries.
Time proves the motive and authenticity of love."
1 Corinthians 13:4-8,
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.
No comments:
Post a Comment