Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Most of the time I am the first one to leave the house in the morning so I make sure to be quiet so I don't wake anyone up. This morning I was going down the stairs like I usually do. Before I go down I let my Chihuahua go down first and wait until I see him get to the bottom. Then I turn off the light and I go down. I can see a little and know the stairs well enough. (Btw: There is no light switch at the bottom of the stairs. Lol.)
But sometimes, like today, my Chihuahua gets scared when I turn off the light and tries to come all the way back upstairs towards me. Lol. I guess he gets scared and wants to go back where he felt safe. 
Then I thought, isn't that what we do sometimes? When God tries to bring us into some place new, away from the norm, we think about the place where we once were? I know I have had that thought before. However, I have learned that I can trust God and that He is there in the unfamiliar and the unknown. :)
New places, if we allow them, can be times of growth and opportunities to know and trust Him more. <3 
God is for us and loves us so much! He has helped me in many different kinds of new places. He helps me when I'm trusted with new responsibility and I can go forward with excitement and expectancy, He comforts me in the hard times when I'm disappointed or sad and uses that time to heal me and work on my heart, He guides me through tough and challenging times and He shows up to work on my character. 
If I'm moving, I want it to be forward, towards God. He proves Himself faithful time and time again. I really do value knowledge and growth in Him. I may not understand at times but I am glad for the places He has brought me through because without them I would not have learned what I know now. I can look back and know that it was only God who could've helped me and changed me. I give You all the glory God. 

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

Jeremiah 29:11, "'For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

1 Corinthians 13:11, "When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me." 

No comments: