I wanted to capture what has been on my heart lately. I was encouraged to do this by reading the book, Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. (See previous post) This is what I wrote today:
I will live my life for God. I will be concerned about that which is on God's heart. I will be contagiously happy and will give free smiles. I will be loving and kind to others even if they don't return it. I will trust God with the things that I cannot see. I will be who God made me to be. I will do what you have placed before me God.
I will not get so lost in my own troubles that I can't help others with theirs. I will be encouraging to others. I will go out of my way to be there for someone who needs me. I will love God by loving His people. (John 21:15-17) I will lift His name far above my own and make His name great.
I will be at peace. I will live my life for God and not for man. I will not let myself be limited by people pleasing or get caught up in trying to perform for others. (Galatians 1:10) I don't even have to perform for God because He loves and accepts me just as I am and I can't earn His love.
I will be obedient to God even when it doesn't make sense because I don't have to understand to be obedient. I will not be concerned with others but keep my eyes focused on Him. He will show me the way. I will make lots of mistakes but I will keep getting back up. I completely abandon all of my old ways and trust God to lead me. (2 Corinthians 5:17). I will honor God by enjoying my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment