Sunday, January 20, 2013

There is something that God has been teaching me for the last few months and it has really given me a new perspective on how important each encounter is that we are given. I can be very task oriented and sometimes choose the task over people’s feelings. I don’t always see it at the time but when I look back I see that I could have been more sensitive and I am quick to apologize.

When I have work to do, I make a detailed agenda to help me get things done quickly, efficeintly, and on time. I focus on what I have to do for that day and the best way to get it done. As soon as I get to the place that I need to be (whether it be work, church, the store) I take off running and follow my plan and stick to it.

I see now, how I have chosen my to-do list over relationships and people. I am more aware now that there are people where ever I go that need to talk and I need to be sensitive to that. There are encounters that God puts in front of me and I can’t rush by them anymore. The Lord has shown me how there is blessing for others when I choose to be flexible. He is trying to use me and there are people that need reaching out to or need to be prayed for.

I have made it a habit now to literally take my agenda in my hands and ask God to take my agenda and to plan whatever He wants to for my day and my year. I pray for Him to intervene and I have seen how He always causes things to turn out even better than I imagined. I still have an agenda and goals I need to accomplish at work or when I volunteer but I have made a commitment to let God lead me throughout the day even if it means taking me off my agenda.