Sunday, January 27, 2013

Another thing that God is teaching me and that I have heard in church over the last few months is to pray the promises of God. This has really helped me to focus on His Truth and realize that the Word of God should supersede every thought that I have.

I can let things go that begin to overly concern me and trust God to take care of me and do what He says He will do. So when a worry starts to come in my mind, I take hold of a scripture that tells me what is actually true and what I should be thinking. When my mind is focused on Him, it is clear and then the Holy Spirit guides me into greater truth.
So I challenge you to let this become a habit if it is not already. Find those promises that are specific to your situation to give yourself hope because God says that He has “plans to give you a hope and a future” – Jeremiah 29:11.