Thursday, April 4, 2013

This is in addition to my previous post. Have you ever been in a position where you've tried to help someone and they respond by saying, "I know. I know." But then they don't do it?
Or maybe you've caught yourself saying that?
For whatever reason, sometimes we don't do what we know we should do.
I have really tried to hold myself more accountable and be obedient when God is asking me to do something. There are sometimes when I honestly want to do it my own way but being obedient in the small things has really helped to build my faith and hear His voice more clearly.
I have also learned not to try and convince myself that I'll "do it later" because it doesn't get done.
I am making it a habit to do things when God asks me to do them, the way He's asked me to do them. It can be challenging sometimes but it's worth it. Although I know the right thing to do, I haven't walked in obedience until I've done what He's asked me to do.
Knowing and doing are two different things.

No comments: