Monday, December 3, 2012

Last night I was doing one of my most favorite things– reading my little brother a bed time story.  :) We usually read from his Veggie Tales Bible and he usually picks the same story but last night he picked a different one called, “Josh and the Big Wall”. It wasn’t until I started reading that I noticed that it was the story of the wall of Jericho. This was so significant to me because I am reading the book, “The Circle Maker” that talks about the wall of Jericho and drawing prayer circles around your dreams. I know God set this up. It’s one of those things that caught my attention and I looked up and smiled and said, ok I hear you Lord. Lol.
I have been asking God about a certain thing (blog post right before this one) and I have been drawing prayer circles around it with praise and expectancy. The Circle Maker talks about circling the “Jericho” in our lives. To keep circling those important requests in prayer and to keep praying through until we receive our answer. I have held on and believed Him for an answer and I have told God that no matter what the answer is, I will follow Him and trust Him to do what is best for me.
Look at what the end of the Bible story was, “Sometimes God asks us to do things that don’t make sense to us. But when we remember that God loves us and wants what is best for us, we can be sure that His way is the best way. We know that He will take care of us if we follow Him.” I have asked for Him to lead me and to give me wisdom and guidance. I really feel like He is doing just that. God you are so amazing!