Monday, March 9, 2015

Praising God

Here are some great words that my friend shared with me last week. It encouraged me in my faith and brought me joy. 

"We will pray about that when the time comes but in the mean time, we will praise God for this good news!"

She was responding to a praise report I shared with her but I also told her about a few disappointments that I had faced that day too. I started getting concerned about the disappointments and started planning for how I was going to handle them. I started getting my plan of action in place (months in advance I might add) and then I read her words...

"We will pray about that when the time comes but in the mean time, we will praise God for this good news!"

I was losing focus and was not fully seeing the great thing that God had done for me. God deserved to be praised but I immediately started to think about how I was going to solve my problems instead of how I was going to praise Him for all He had done.
God definitely used my friend to bring me that timely message that turned my heavy heart into a hopeful heart. I believe God wanted me to hear those words. It really helped me to get my mind off of what I thought was disappointing news and praise God for the good news! It really spoke to my spirit and instantly helped me to have a grateful heart.
Since then I have maintained focus on the good news and made an intentional choice to praise God even when I'm facing disappointment. I can tell it has strengthened my faith. It has also helped my mind to focus on what's healthy. Why should I dwell on the negative when I have something to be thankful for? 
The disappointing news is still there but my determination to praise God for the good news has helped me to trust Him more and be joyful about how He always takes care of me. 

"I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalms 34:1 NASB

No comments: