In Malachi 3:10, it says, "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the LORD of hosts, “If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing that there will not be room enough to receive it." (Malachi 3:10 NKJV)
I recently heard a story on the radio that showed me a different perspective about how God blesses our 10% even when it looks like we can't afford to give it.
The story on the radio told about a guy that had a 10% chance to live because he needed surgery to remove a brain tumor. He trusted God and reached out to people for prayer before going in to surgery. He not only survived the surgery but he came out healthy and had no complications or disabilities afterwards like they thought he would. He gave God his 10% chance of living and that was all that he had to give. He trusted God with his 10% and God came through and miraculously blessed the other 90%.
This same guy had to go into surgery a second time, related to the same brain tumor, and again he only had a 10% chance to live. He not only survived but he is doing very well and has no complications or disabilities after the surgery.
At times it may seem like we can't afford to give that 10% because of hard financial situations we are facing or bills that need to be paid but God sees your heart and knows your situation. His word does not come back void. He says in Malachi 3:10 to test Him as you give Him your whole tithe and watch Him give you so much blessing in return that you won't have room enough to contain it.
I encourage you to give what God has spoken to your heart to give. We often say at my church, that it's not about equal giving, it's about equal sacrifice.
It's ok, if I am not able to give as great a quantity as the person sitting next to me. What matters is that I'm giving to God what is His and that I'm obedient in giving the amount I know that God has asked me to give.
No comments:
Post a Comment