The other day I was on my way back to work after grabbing
some lunch to take back to the office. One of my favorite songs came on the
radio just when I needed to hear it. I said a small prayer in my head, "I hope
I get to hear this whole song before I have to get out of the car”. Not very
long after that small prayer, I got stopped at a red light. Then I noticed that
the light was taking a while and I began to get into complaining mode of how
long the light was taking. Then I realized…because I got stopped by the light
and because the light was taking a while, I was able to listen to one of my
favorite songs on the radio. My small prayer was answered but instead of
enjoying it I started complaining and didn’t even realize what was happening.
How many times have I prayed for something and then complained about a
situation, not realizing that I was experiencing the answer to my own prayer?
Thank you God for answering even the smallest prayer and for being good to me
even when I don’t see it right away. <3