Sunday, September 23, 2012

I was driving in to work a few weeks ago and I was listening to the radio when my heart just longed for God and I wanted to worship Him. I tried to convince myself that because I was listening to a Christian radio station that that was good enough. But my heart did not stop longing for Him so I turned the radio off and began to praise Him for all He has done for me and worship Him for the great God that He is.
As I was talking to God, it caused me to think about the way I converse with others while they are riding in the car with me. To be polite, I turn down the radio so that I can hear what they have to say. By turning down the noise, I let them know that I want to hear them and that their words are important. Just as my friends and family have things to say to me, God longs to speak to me as well. So even if its good noise that I have going on in the background, there are times when I need to turn it down in reverence for Him and listen to what He is trying to speak to my heart.