Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I wanted to post the following praise report to bring glory to God and encourage others who may be in a similar place. I have dealt with the struggle of people pleasing for the longest time. However, my mind has felt so set free from people pleasing in the last few months. 
God has helped me to think about why I do things and who I am doing them for. All that room in my mind that was wasted on what other people think, or might think, or could think, or what if, or who could be mad at me, or is someone talking about me, what if they misinterpreted what I said, and blah, blah, blah! I really really struggled to let all that go. But when I finally did let it go, God got me to a place where it didn't concern me anymore and all that junk had to leave and now that space gets to be occupied by Him! That's how we were meant to live! :) I am free! 

"Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Galatians 1:10 NIV)

No comments: