A few weeks
ago I was at work and needed help on a project. The help I needed was dependent
on someone else. The only way I could get what I needed was through this
person. I asked for help and I wondered if everything was going to turn out ok.
But I prayed and kept turning back to what I knew: God will cause everything to
work out for my good. He can help me when I can’t do any more on my own. A few
days later I was called into this person’s office and she told me that she had
what I needed. I was so happy. She asked, “Will this help you?” And with a
grateful and happy face I replied, “Yes! Thank you so much!” She went on to
say, “I woke up in the middle of the night last night and it just came to me
that I had what you asked me for and that I could invite you in here to get
what you needed.” And it was just in time too! How amazing is that? So I leave
you with a thought that I hope will be encouraging to you: God can cause someone
to think about us in the middle of the night to answer our prayer. Let me tell you
that this is not the first time this has happened to me! God is so good.
Here’s an
example from the Bible about Mordecai:
Esther 6:1-3,
“That night the king could not sleep; so he ordered the book of the chronicles,
the record of his reign, to be brought in and read to him. It was found
recorded there that Mordecai had exposed Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king’s
officers who guarded the doorway, who had conspired to assassinate Kind Xerxes.
‘What honor and recognition has Mordecai received for this?’ the king asked. ‘Nothing
has been done for him,’ his attendants answered.”
This is how
Mordecai was honored: Esther 6:7-9, "…'For the man the king delights to honor, have
them bring a royal robe the king has worn and a horse the king has ridden, one
with a royal crest placed on his head’…’and lead him on the horse through the
streets, proclaiming before him, ‘This is what is done for the man the king
delights to honor!’”
My personal example was
not nearly as serious but God can cause someone to wake up in the middle of the
night and cause us to come to someone’s mind and change our situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment