Thursday, November 8, 2012

I am thankful to know that although we take vacations, God never does. I knew that He would teach me things even while I was in Europe. I felt like I had so much adventure and I got to see and experience things that I’ve only ever read about. The whole experience was special and I wouldn’t change any of it… well maybe I would’ve gone shopping more lol. But I feel like we made the most of it and the experience is priceless. The trip was so great and I would absolutely love to go again one day.

One thing that I brought back from my trip was courage in my heart that I didn’t have before. I feel so differently about life. Where I once was hesitant, I now want to go all in for God. It has brought me more enjoyment in life. I remember growing up thinking that I needed to do what I was told and what was expected of me. To be compliant, not to interrupt, don’t make mistakes, don’t disturb anyone. I remember knowing more of what I couldn’t do than what I could do. I wanted to please others for acceptance.  It got to be routine until I felt like I didn’t know who I was.  

But praise God that during the last couple of years, He has worked in me tremendously and I began to find my true identity in Him! And now thanks to this new courage, He causes me to be more grateful, take advantage of more opportunities, see the beauty in each day, and see the significance in the present moment. I am no longer a prisoner to my anxious thoughts of who I think I need to please or what others might think of me or what my future holds. When I live for Him and choose to be who God made me to be, I am free.